Monday, January 23, 2017

Challenge #248 - Hot embossing and watercolors

Hello crafty friends. Maria Pilar here, hosting the blog this week.
My project is a job with watercolors resist when we apply hot embossing. It is one of the many things I learned last year in the group with which I am learning mixed media techniques.
The result is fantastic!

Here is my card
MarĂ­a Pilar


You can see more details HERE.

Majo

After stamping and heat embossing my card panel I applied water colours in different shades. I didn't use too much water since I wanted my colours strong.

I used a Visible Image stamp for my image.



This weeks project actually turned into 3, you can see all 3 Christmas Cards over on my blog. I did stamp the angle with gold metallic ink and covered it with clear embossing powder. I then used some shimmered water color paint to splash across the bottom of the card, Once it was completely dry I stamped the sentiment over it.



Gail

I was inspired by an idea I saw in the Scrapbooks and Cards Today.  I made two cards - one feminine and one masculine.  


Amanda

I don't think to use either of these techniques as often as I should so this was a great challenge! I used watercolours for my background and then heat embossed the sentiment.



Renee



No comments: